Prawn Coconut Stir Fry
Make this in a jiffy. All it requires is rinsing, deveining, rinsing again and marination. That's it. And we are sorted. This Prawn Coconut makes for a great accompaniment/ appetizer and is underpinned by subtle yet robust flavours from the curry leaves and coconut. It goes beautifully with toasted bread or rice. This delicately flavoured stir fry offers hints of Asian cuisine. You ought to find all the ingredients in your kitchen. So don't stop yourself from making it.
10 large Prawns, de-veined and rinsed
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Pepper powder
1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
1 tbsp Yogurt
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp thick coconut milk
1/4th cup fresh grated coconut
Salt to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsps Coconut oil
A fistful of Curry Leaves
- Marinate the prawns in the above 'marinade' for about half an hour
- Heat Oil in a wok or frying pan and splutter some mustard over low heat.
- Add the curry leaves. Let it release some aroma and darken a bit.
- Now add the marinated prawns.
- Keep sautéing until the prawns turn opaque and the coconut marinade dries up a bit giving it a slightly roasted coconut flavour.
- Switch of the gas and serve hot.
For any queries, happy to help. Email me: email@example.com