I'm not sure every one likes eating Methi a.k.a Fenugreek leaves. But they are fantastic for bone health, anaemia, known to lower blood sugar and cholesterol, can help with IBS... and there's a lot more to read up. Clearly, there's a reason why certain foods are bitter for the better! So let's appreciate some bitterness in our lives to celebrate good health, shall we?
Do not mistake these for Baby Methi / micro greens with the white stalks. Once you’re done picking the leaves and rinsing them in water several times, the preparation gets easy.
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing
6 crushed cloves of Garlic
1 bunch Methi leaves
3 small Potatoes
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 medium Onion
1 large Tomato
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
Salt to taste.
- Pluck the tender leaves and stems of the methi and discard the rest.
- Fill a utensil of water and soak the methi leaves in them for 10 minutes
- Then ruffle the soaked leaves with your hand gently and drain out the muddy water.
- Repeat this process several times till all the mud and dirt goes away.
- When you pour in water for the final time and ruffle the leaves, the water should be clear.
- Once clear, discard the water and chop the leaves coarsely. (About an inch long)
- Now Heat oil in a large pan and add some Cumin seeds and hing to it and let it splutter
- Add the garlic. once it browns, add potatoes and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Sauté again until slightly browned
- Add onions and ginger garlic paste to this and sauté until pink
- Now add Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander powder and chilli powder , salt and sauté
- Add tomato and cook till slightly soft.
- Now add the leaves and mix everything well. Keep stirring until the leaves wilt and quantity reduces.
- Check salt levels and adjust according to taste.
- Add tomato ketchup to cut down the bitterness(optional). Combine well and switch off the gas.
Have a Happy Meal folks!
Have a query? Email me: email@example.com