Another quarantine recipe because the ingredient portions are minuscule and there's more fun in bonding over a sweet treat. Share and dig in!
1 egg - beaten
1 mashed banana
1 banana cut into slices or halved vertically.
1/2 cup flour or approx. 120 grams
1/4th cup sugar or approx. 60 grams
1/4th cup vegetable/ coconut oil or 60 grams(I used coconut oil)
1/3rd tsp baking powder
2 tsps of milk
A fistful of oats (optional)
One pinch baking Soda
One pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sieve through the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- Add only 50 gms sugar to this + 2 teaspoons of milk
- Add the oil and mashed banana. Stir vigorously till no lumps are visible and the batter is smooth
- Time to add the beaten egg and vanilla essence to this mixture.
- Grease a small loaf pan with little oil.
- Sprinkle 5gms of sugar on the base of the pan.
- Pour the batter in completely.
- Top it with the other sliced/ halved banana
- Now sprinkle Oats and the remaining 5 gms sugar so when it bakes, it will lend a shiny and sweet crust.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes and checked it at 30 mins by inserting a skewer.
- The sides should brown a bit.
And serve hot. It makes for a very yummy treat!