Blueberry Banana Bread
It's fun to bake when you have ingredients that lend a unique colour to the final product. This Blueberry Banana Bread recipe is perfect if you like something sweet and something tart to cut back that sugar rush. It's also easy to prep and bake. I had fresh blueberries lying in my freezer. Had been meaning to use them but the opportunity did not arise until this morning.(yayyyyy) And when blueberries melt, that yummy gooey look is just worth the bake time. So let's get to it.
A fistful of fresh/ frozen Blueberries to sprinkle on the batter
1 tsp of sugar to sprinkle over the batter
Pulse in a food processor:
2 ripe Bananas peeled and mashed
1 tsp Vanilla essence
80 grams Coconut sugar or regular sugar
80 grams Vegetable/ coconut oil
3 tbsps of Milk
Sift into a bowl:
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
A pinch of Salt
220 grams of All purpose flour
- Pulse the sugar, milk, mashed banana, oil, beaten eggs and vanilla essence
- Pulse till no lumps are visible making it a smooth batter
- Add this to the sieved dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda)
- Your batter is ready!
- Grease a loaf tin with little oil and place a parchment paper.
- Grease the parchment paper too with little oil.
- Pour half the batter into the baking tin.
- Now sprinkle a handful of blueberries
- Pour the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining blueberries.
- Sprinkle a tsp of sugar over this batter.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° degrees.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes. Start checking it at 35 mins by inserting a toothpick in the centre. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- Happy Baking!