Blueberry Orange Rind Loaf
This is a winner each time you make it. The best time to create this beauty is when you have easy access to blueberries and oranges. This combination is a match made in heaven. The berries cut the sweetness and the orange rind lends a delicate citrusy flavour. I made a small batch. Feel free to alter the measurements according to your requirements. Shall we get started?
- 100 grams plain white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100 grams unsalted butter - softened
- 80 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs well-beaten - room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps Finely chopped orange rind
- 50 grams blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° C/ 375° F
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with butter.
- Sift the four and baking powder into a clean dry bowl.
- To this add the eggs, vanilla extract, butter, caster sugar and orange rind.
- Whisk this batter well to a smooth texture.
- Add in the blueberries and give it a gentle stir.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Stick in a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's ready. If not, give it another 10 minutes with regular monitoring to ensure it does not brown too much.
This one is really easy and if the fruits are seasonal, so much can be done! Enjoy your gooey blueberry loaf peeps!