Bread Pudding (with Banana)
I made this Bread Pudding to take to a friend's place. Little did I realise that it turned out so good that there was pin drop silence in the room while they immersed themselves in this decadent wobbly goodness. It is important that you read this recipe from start to finish so that you do not goof up along the way. Happy Baking!
500 ml milk (2 measuring cups)
5 tbsps coconut sugar or as per taste
3 large eggs
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
Mixed dried Berries
2 tbsps soft butter
1 slice of Brown bread pureed with the above banana
3 slices of brown bread (whole or cut in halves depending on your baking tin)
- In a utensil pour 500 ml boiled and cooled milk.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves.
- In a bowl beat 3 large eggs with vanilla essence until smooth and add this to the milk
- Puree the bananas, 1 slice of bread and butter until smooth. Pour this to the milk mixture and give it a good stir.
- Now grease a 6” aluminium tin with butter
- Pour some of the milk mixture into the tin. Add a slice of bread. Top it with few mixed berries.
- Pour the milk mixture again and layer it with another slice of bread and mixed berries.
- Repeat this until you exhaust your ingredients and sprinkle some cardamom/ cinnamon on top(optional) This is what is looked like when I placed all the layers.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Place a tray in the oven and put your pudding tin on it. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Then pour some hot water into the tray around the pudding tin - Bain Marie - and close the oven. Continue to bake for about 10 minutes and 180°C.
- Switch off the oven. Carefully remove the pudding tin and leave to cool. As you can see, the pudding is cooked and has left the sides.
- Once cooled, take a large plate and turn it upside down onto a large plate. And goodness, this looks so pretty!
Eat warm or refrigerate and enjoy it chilled!