Egg Mushroom Curry
There are some days when all you want to do is run away from the kitchen. Today was one such day. But I had to cook something quickly for lunch. So this one pot dish was easy to make. Yes, it does require grinding. But trust me it's very simple!.
1 packet. button Mushrooms chopped
4 hard boiled Eggs, shells removed
1 boiled Potato, peeled and chopped.
1 Onion, sliced
4 tbsps Oil
1 tsp Mustard
A pinch of hing
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 cup Coconut milk
2-3 tbsp. Lime juice according to taste (optional)
Salt to taste
Grind to a Paste:
8 dried Red Chillies
1" piece of ginger
4 flakes of garlic
- Grind red chillies, fresh ginger and garlic to a smooth paste with a little water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and splutter Mustard seeds, add hing to it.
- Add onions and sauté till they turn soft and light brown.
- Add in the eggs and turmeric powder and sauté till the skin browns a bit.
- Remove the eggs and set aside on a plate.
- Add Mushrooms and sauté. Water will begin to release from the mushrooms.
- At this point add ginger garlic paste and stir till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the chopped boiled potato and mix well.
- Time to add in the red masala paste and fry till it changes colour a bit and the raw smell goes away.
- Now cut the eggs into halves and drop them into this masala.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Pour half cup of water and bring the gravy to a rolling boil.
- Add salt to taste.You may squeeze some lime juice and mix it in. But it's entirely optional.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and we're ready!
Have a query, get in touch at the following email: email@example.com