Rawas Curry with Coconut Milk
If you are a fish lover, and you love coconut milk in your food, then this post is for you. My mother's fish curry recipe is going to change your tastebuds for the best! How does it taste? I kid you not, this Rawas/ Indian Salmon curry recipe with the addition of coconut milk has an uncanny resemblance to Thai yellow curry. It's spicy and tangy. You can amp up the spice to suit to your requirement. Even better, you can use spice powders if you're in no mood to go through the hassle of a food processor.
- Salmon/Rawas ½ kg (6 slices) - Coconut milk 1 cup (200 ml) - 1 tbsp Coconut Oil - Salt to taste - 2 tbsp Vinegar
Masala Powders (if you don't have powder use whole spices and grind fine) - 1 tsp Chilli powder - 1tsp cumin powder - ½ tsp pepper powder - 1/2 tsp turmeric pwd
Chop/Slice 3 green chillies 8 flakes of garlic
1"ginger 2 onions
Method - Heat oil and sauté the chopped/ sliced ingredients.
- Add powdered masala and sauté.
- Add coconut milk and stir well.
- Add vinegar and simmer till the masala is cooked.
- Add fish and simmer till done. And you're ready!