Semolina Banana Walnut Cake
I cannot tell you how much I love cakes made out of #semolina. It's not something everyone enjoys. But it lends a unique texture, flavour and crunch when baked, that's unmatched. The craving led me to make this on the spot. I scribbled down a few ingredients at the back of my book and will now save it out here. Because a long time ago I made a cake without viewing any recipe and realised I forgot to add sugar! That definitely did not happen with this one!
Here are the ingredients to this deceptively rich cake, that's actually quite indulgent!
- 115 grams Semolina/ Rava/ Suji
- 85 grams butter (bring to room temperature)
- 80 grams coconut sugar
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 15 walnuts crushed
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 176°C or 350° F
- Grease and line the baking tin with parchment paper
- Beat the eggs along with the sugar, vanilla and butter until smooth
- In another utensil add the semolina, mashed banana, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix
- To this you may now add a tablespoon or two of milk and nuts and stir
- Pour the batter into the lined tin. Sprinkle a few nuts or seeds on top and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until done
I kid you not, you are going to swipe the baking tin clean and bake this again! Do bake and let me know how it turned out! Happy Baking!