Delicious Pomfret Fish Curry
Want to create a dish that brings you closer to home? Then I've got your back. If you have Pomfrets lying in your freezer, look no further. Time to defrost them and make this simple soulful curry that will make your tastebuds sing! I've put down the ingredients exactly the way I cooked this dish. Use your judgement with additions and adjustments. If you like it spicy, increase the chillies. And like I always say, if you follow my recipes to the T, you just cannot go wrong. Let's begin!
6-8 pieces of Pomfret slices (cleaned, cut, washed and marinated in salt and a tsp of turmeric powder)
Grind to a fine paste with little water: - 1/3 rd portion of fresh grated Coconut
- 8 Peppercorns - 2 tsps coriander seeds - 1 tsp cumin seeds - 1 pinch of mustard - 2 flakes of garlic
- 1/2 medium-sized onion - 1 lime-sized Tamarind (place in a bowl of little water, squeeze well and only use the water for grinding) - 3 Kashmir Chillies, deseeded - 3 Bedgi Chillies
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
Seasoning for your curry:
- 2 tbsps oil - 1 medium-sized onion (sliced) - 1 medium-sized tomato (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a utensil, fry the half the sliced onion till light brown.
- Add tomato and sauté till soft.
- Now add the ground masala from the mixer and fry until it clumps together.
- Add some water to the mixer and pour that remaining masala water to the utensil and boil.
- Add the remaining half sliced onion.
- Bring the gravy to a rolling boil.
- Add salt and the fish pieces.
- Cook on high flame for 5 minutes and switch off the gas.
- Cover partially with a lid.
- Serve hot with rice!
Want to try another fish recipe? Try these:
- Rawas Curry with Coconut Milk
Any questions? Happy to help. Email me: email@example.com