Pistachio Tea Cake
Here's a super quick recipe for tea time. Pistachio Tea Cake. It's a mini loaf. You can double the recipe if you wish to bake a bigger cake. Don't get me started on how expensive pistachios are. But the rich taste sets it apart and it is so unique and flavourful. That explains my love for baklava and kunafa loaded with pistachios. Since I won't be eating those for a while I surrendered to the temptation of using them in a cake. You see why you need to bake this? 👇🏽
40 grams green Pistachios shelled and coarsely ground
35 grams Almond Flour
45 grams fine Semolina
70 grams Cold-pressed Virgin Coconut oil
50 grams Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon
1/4th tsp teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8th tsp Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 tsp Rose essence
- Sift semolina, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and salt into one bowl.
- Add just 30 grams ground pistachios. Keep aside the remaining 10 grams to decorate.
- In another bowl beat two eggs with a fork .
- Add sugar and rose essence to this and keep stirring until dissolved.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients along with oil and gently stir with a spatula.
- Keep folding it in gently till the oil and egg mix incorporate completely.
- The semolina will gradually start absorbing the oil.
- Pre-heat your oven, 180°C / 350° F
- Grease and line a small loaf tin with parchment paper and pour the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining 10 grams of coarsely ground pistachios
- Bake for 35 minutes or until done.
- Happy Baking!