Rich Fruit Cupcakes
I've been missing Christmas sweets and those addictive fruit cakes. I think I'm still reeling in the festive season and very tempted to replay those memories on my palate. But a few days ago I was determined to recreate something close to the real deal without the guilt. These Rich Fruit Cupcakes taste just as nice and keeps you warm and satiated for a couple of hours on a cold winter's day. Goodbye hunger pangs! Hello new Recipe!
65 gms Unsalted Butter
65 gms Brown Sugar
40 gms lightly roasted Wheat flour
25 gms lightly roasted Ragi flour
2 tbsps Cocoa Powder
1/3rd tsp Baking Powder
1/4th tsp Baking Soda
A pinch of Salt
1 /2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4th tsp Cinnamon
40 gms Mixed Dried Fruit chopped
10 Walnuts, coarsely chopped
100 gms Milk Chocolate chopped
- Grease 8 cupcake/muffin moulds and set aside.
- In one bowl beat together the butter and sugar with a hand-held electric whisk until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and beat till incorporated.
- In another bowl, sift the lightly roasted flours cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add the cinnamon nutmeg mixed dried fruit, walnuts and milk chocolate pieces.
- Pour the wet batter into the dry mixture and mix well.
- The batter is likely to be a bit sticky and dry. That's okay.
- Scoop out two to three spoons of the batter into each mould and sprinkle some mixed dried fruit over them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C or 300°F and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
- This is the closest you can get to a warm Christmas hug without any guilt. Pour yourself some wine too! Cheers! Enjoy.