The Perfect Rose Pistachio Cake
Time is fleeting and the festival of lights, Diwali is approaching. It's the perfect time to entertain guests and make all things sweet. I wanted to bring in the traditional flavour through this Rose Pistachio homemade cake so you won't miss the sugary stuff as much. This subtle melt-in-the-mouth cake works beautifully as a breakfast pick-me-up as well as a snack cake. Just like my other bakes, this one is not overly sweet and you'll be running for second helpings. It is so easy to make, you won't need any electric appliance except the OTG.
110 gms Ghee
70 gms Brown sugar
140 gms Semolina
1/4th tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
60 gms Yoghurt
1/2 tsp Rose water
2 drops of Rose essence
10 Roasted coarsely cut Almonds
- Pre-heat your oven at 180°C / 350°F
- Lightly grease and line your baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift in Semolina, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt.
- Add the almonds and a few pistachios to this mixture and mix well with a metal whisk.
- Whisk the ghee and sugar in another bowl till a bit pale in colour. Add one egg, whisk and follow it with the next egg. Whisk till combined.
- Add the Rose water and essence and mix well.
- Dunk in the yoghurt and whisk well.
- Pour the dry ingredient mix in installments into the wet mixture and gently combine with a spatula.
- Time to pour this batter into the baking tin and layer with the remaining pistachios.
- Bake at 180°C / 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until you insert a wooden toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Best eaten warm. Happy Baking!
If you have any doubts or queries reach out to me on email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram handle @duskydip