Dress it up, add some crunch, amp up the heat, sweeten the deal, they said. And that's what I did. In our home, Salad is as staple as eating rice! It's very rare that we forget to make a good bowl of salad. It's a powerhouse of freshness, fibre and nutrition. Depending on the ingredients you put in there, you can set yourself up for anti-aging, weight loss, great gut health and even heart health.
The actual flavours lie not just in the ingredients, but also in the vinaigrette. You can make it dairy or dairy free. This one is dairy free and so fresh, the ingredients are balanced to perfection. I sourced my Almond Feta from this brand called Bybreakofdawn that's exclusive to Mumbai. It's creamy, flavourful and they have different flavours too. For Regular Feta, my go-to brand most days is D'lecta.
Drum roll, it's recipe time for The Perfect Salad ♥️
Ingredients: Cut and set aside:
1 large White Onion
1 bunch of Lettuce
1 large Tomato
2 pods of Garlic
A few Mint leaves
1 medium sized Zucchini
1 large Pink Onion
1/2 tsp Sugar
Almond Feta with Chilli Garlic or Regular Feta
Mix the ingredients below and set aside. You can adjust quantities acc. to your taste buds:
1 tbsp mixed dried/ Fresh Herbs
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp Pepper powder
1 tbsp Honey Mustard sauce
Lime Juice (optional)
A little Sea Salt
Nuts/ Dried fruit (optional)
Make your Salad:
Sauté and set aside the following:
- Heat little oil in a pan and sauté (on a low flame) the pink onion that you just sliced.
- Sauté till it turns light brown and then add 1/2 tsp of sugar and keep stirring till it starts to - caramelise.
- Set this aside and on the same pan sauté the zucchini without any extra oil.
- Cook it a bit or roast it to your liking and set aside.
- Take a bowl and start layering with the lettuce as your base followed by tomatoes, garlic, white onions, mint leaves and sautéed/ roasted zucchini.
- Top this up with the caramelised pink onions
- I used some organic Almond Feta infused with chilli garlic flavours. You could use the same or Feta of your choice.
- Pour the prepared vinaigrette dressing all over the salad.
- Sprinkle some sea salt and more mixed herbs and toss the salad nicely.
And that’s how you make the Perfect Salad!