Banana, Orange Zest, Blueberry Cake
Love these flavours. It's sweet, it's orangey and it's a bit tart. That's the beauty of this Banana Orange Zest Blueberry Cake. As always I had one over ripe banana pleading for redemption. So I dived right into it and so must you. Be a good samaritan, redeem your soul with this delicious bake. Oh and the weather has been quite gloomy so for reference I have two pics here. This one below was taken in the evening in low light. And the one right at the bottom, at night.
2 Eggs - beaten
1 ripe Banana peeled cut finely and mashed
120 grams/ (250 ml cup) of All purpose flour
A pinch of Salt
1/4th tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
2 tbsps of Milk
2 tbsp Orange Zest
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
65 grams granulated sugar
70 grams coconut oil
A handful of Blueberries
- Sieve through the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- In a bowl use a fork and beat the eggs sugar, milk, oil, orange zest and vanilla essence
- Beat it till the sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add this to the sieved dry ingredients
- Add the mashed banana and stir to combine well.
- Your batter is ready!
- Grease a 6"small round tin and add a parchment sheet followed by a few drops of oil to grease the sheet.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Now sprinkle some more orange zest and blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° C.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes and check it at 30 mins by inserting a skewer.
- The sides should brown a bit.
Now make a hot cuppa and binge on this drool worthy bake when you feel like snacking.
Any doubts, do reach out: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you haven't tried this bake, you're missing out!