Palak Paneer - Spinach Indian Cottage Cheese Recipe
There's something about Palak Paneer that makes it lip-smackingly delicious. The combination of the two only means you're boosting your immunity with two powerful foods. Of course, they're powerful only when eaten in moderation. Spinach is high in fiber and magnesium. This makes it great for gut health. It's also helps reduce hypertension. When eaten in cooked form, it's known to help in the absorption of iron and calcium. Paneer too is high in protein, great for strong teeth and bones. Then again, like I always say, it ought to be consumed in moderation to derive maximum health benefits.
Here's a very easy Palak Paneer recipe that's a staple in our home. Try making this today if you have these two lurking in your fridge!
250 grams Paneer (cubed and lightly browned in ghee)
2 big bunches of rinsed Palak (Spinach) (blanched in hot water for 2 minutes and set aside. Save the spinach water to use later)
2 big juicy tomatoes (blanched in hot water, peeled and set aside)
2 tbsp Ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies slit
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 cup water
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
1 tbsp Fresh Cream/ malai (optional)
1/4th tsp Kasuri Methi (optional)
- Let the blanched spinach cool. Strain the spinach water and set aside to use at the end.
- Once you peel the tomatoes, puree them along with the blanched spinach.
- Take a heavy bottomed utensil and pour 2 tbsp ghee to it.
- Add cumin and let it splutter.
- Add onion and green chillies and sauté till the onions turn light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 3 minutes
- Add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Give it a good stir.
- Pour the tomato spinach puree and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the lightly browned paneer cubes. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat.
- Now add salt to taste and your desired quantity of blanched spinach water to create a thick or thin gravy and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add malai, garam masala powder, kasuri methi and mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Any queries, get in touch. Happy to help. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org