If you've been searching for an easy-to-make prawn pulao recipe, look no further. This recipe is relatively easy and will fetch you umpteen compliments because it's hard to resist.
Prawn Pulao is usually made on occasions at our home or when we just want to make one wholesome meal without having to worry about complementing it with other dishes. This dish brings back fond childhood memories of the entire family sitting together around the dining table, laughing, talking, arguing, drooling over the food placed at the table and gawking and one another's plates making sure we got the best portions! A delectable Prawn Pulao made us prep for desserts followed by an afternoon siesta. This is best served with a simple tomato, cucumber onion salad, or a raita(salad mixed with yoghurt) or a coriander mint chutney.
“This dish brings back fond childhood memories of the entire family sitting together around the dining table, laughing, talking, arguing, drooling over the food placed at the table; and, gawking at each others plates making sure we got the best portions!”
Prawn Pulao Recipe
2 cups rice or basmati rice
4 cups hot water
Salt to taste
1 cup prawns
1 onion sliced
1 big tomato chopped
2 tbsp ghee or oil
Grind to a paste:
2 green chillies
1 bunch coriander leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric
1” piece ginger
5 flakes of garlic
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp pepper corns
1 pc cinnamon
- Wash rice and soak in water for half an hour.
- Clean and wash prawns. Apply little salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Heat ghee/oil in a utensil.
- Add onions and fry until soft.
- Now add the ground masala paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- To this you may now add the prawns and cook till the water dries up.
- Add rice and mix well until all of it is coated properly with the masala.
- Add the 4 cups of hot water, salt and bring to a boil. Stir. Close tightly and cook on a very low flame till all the water is absorbed.
And you’re now ready with a lip-smacking dish! Do make it and let me know how it turned out?